Department of Studies & Planning
About the department
The Department of Studies & Planningwas formed in 1993.
“Planning is the basis of success and follow-up is the basis of excellence
1. The department seeks to provide studies on the creation of new colleges, departments, research units and sections on the level of the university.
2. The planning ahead of each work related to the university on foot with time and scientific progress to achieve academic accreditation in coordination with the department of quality assurance.
3. The provision of accurate information for the database of all university employees and updating it periodically.
4. Assessment of university progress through the preparation of quarterly and annual reports such as the university statistics and the quarterly report and the preparation of annual reports, quarterly to bridge the gaps and make proposals to University of Anbar.
1. Develop a strategic plan for University of Anbar for the next 10 years.
2. It seeks to develop a comprehensive plan for creation of new college, research centers, advisory bureaus, and departments in the light of the need of the university and its 10-year plan.
3. Building a database of university faculty members and staff
4. Preparation of brochures periodically on numbers of teaching staff and employees distributed colleges, academic title, sex, and degree.
5. Issuing an annual statistical guide for University of Anbar.
6. Issuing a guide of achievements and activities of University of Anbar
7. Preparation and development of the organizational structure of the university, colleges, and research centers in accordance wih regulations in power
8. Follow-up of plans set by colleges and scientific departments in the university.
The achievements of the department
1. The University organizational structure has been completed and approved by the Ministry
2. The College of Pharmacy was established in the academic year 2011-2012.
3. Development of Renewable Energy Center at the University of Anbar.
4. Development of the strategic studies centers in 2013.
5. The introduction of the Faculty of Applied Sciences in the district of Hit in 2014.
6. Creation of the Faculty of sustainable Engineering in the district of Haditha in 2015.
7. Approval of the ministry on the structure of the department of planning and follow-up which is divided into two sections: the statistical and follow-up sections.
8. The following was accomplished:
A. A database for the university, which includes university statistics and all the work of the university in terms of scientific, cultural and administrative activities as well as the projects related to the university.
B. The completion of the report on manpower employment.
C. Completion of the quarterly activity report, which relates to the sections (administrative, legal, scientific, students, engineering and technical(
D. Completion of the organizational structure of the department.
Department Membership of Committees:
1. Combating administrative and financial corruption
2. Designing Anbar university central appointment form in cooperation with department of administrative affairs
3. Designing competencies returning from abroad form and uploading data on university website
4. Designing differentiation form for higher studies application (2011-2012) and study leaves form in cooperation with department of scientific affairs and higher studies
5. Preparation of university achievements guide
6. University committee of curricula and translation
7. University committee of staff recycling
8. Preparation of 4th university students conference
9. Human rights committee in cooperation with center of methodology and Continuing Education
10. University teaching staff transference and recycling committee
11. Higher committee for 24th university anniversary celebration
12. Preparation of 10-year plan of university
13. International computers conference
14. Execution of electronic university card
15. University employees recycling
The responsibilities and powers of the director of the department
The Director of the department exercises the following powers and responsibilities to ensure the flow of work in the department:
1. The distribution of tasks among the staff of the department
2. Granting routine leaves permissions that do not exceed 10 days and the approval of the sick leave.
3. Recommending the applications for more than 10 days routine and sick leaves and study leave
4. Supervising the performance of the work in the follow-up of the activities of the employees
5. Recommending disciplinary proceedings against the negligent employees.
6. Recommending commendation and appreciation of distinguished and creative employees.
7. Recommending granting department employees promotion and upgrading bonus
8. Recommending appointment, placement of staff, and dispensation of department affiliates according to the rules in power
9. Proposing that the employees in the department be assigned overtime work according to the laws and regulations of the organization.
10. Representing the department in relevant conferences and symposia
11. The distribution of tasks and responsibilities among the staff members of the department to help develop and improve the performance of the work as specified.
12. Recommending the delegation of staff members inside the country for a period not exceeding one week.
13. Recommending the granting of various allocations to all staff members of the department
14. Evaluation of the performance of the staff of the department and submitting it to the relevant authorities.
15. The proposal of a temporary appointment of employees in the department to gap staff shortage to ensure work flow.
16. Recommending the fixation of the staff members of the department after completion of approbation period
17. Recommending the assignment of a staff member to be an acting head of department when in routine and sick leave or when delegated.
18. Any other responsibilities and powers authorized or granted by immediate superiors