The first dormitory for students was opened in the year 1989/90. The building located in front of the Central Library in Ramadi was allocated as the dormitory for female students, while the building located in front of the Islamic Bank was allocated to male students, where the total number of students was (45).
The directorate evolved gradually to reach (6) buildings inside the campus and the number of students reached out (3000) students in the academic year 2010 – 2011. Also, two buildings were rented in Fallujah and two in Al-Qaim city. Since 1989, the responsibility of the dormitories was alternated to 10 directors.
Objectives of the Directory
1. The provision of buildings for housing students.
2. The provision of adequate supplies of housing.
3. The provision of adequate services to students.
4. Propagate the spirit of order and security in the dormitory.
5. Work against sectarian, nationalist and tribal fanaticism.
6. Work hard to create a spirit of love and cooperation between students.
7. Direct the student towards scientific diligence and persistence.
Activities of the Dormitory Directory
1. Reception of dormitory students at the beginning of each new academic year.
2. The issuance of ID entries for dormitory students.
3. The follow-up of students in terms of behaviors and uniforms, and guiding them in respect of the rules, violations and regulations of the dormitory.
4. The host of some professors from different professions to deliver lectures about scientific, educational and social awareness.
5. Organize sports competitions for students in the dormitory.
6. Provide transportation for students from their dormitories to distant Colleges.
7. The cultivation of gardens in the dormitories.
8. The ongoing maintenance of electrical equipment and the beds.
9. Maintenance of the electrical and water installations and sewage system.
The Powers of the Director
The Director of the department exercises the following powers and responsibilities to ensure the flow of work in the department:
1. The distribution of tasks among the employees in the department.
2. Granting the routine leaves that do not exceed 10 days and the approval of sick leaves.
3. Recommending the approval of ordinary leaves, sick leaves that exceed 10 days, in addition to the study leaves.
4. Supervision of the performance of the work and the follow-up of the activities of the employees.
5. The recommendation to disciplinary proceedings against negligent employees.
6. The proposal to grant commendation and appreciation to the distinguished and creative employees.
7. The recommendation to grant promotion and upgrading bonus to the employees of the department.
8. The recommendation of appointment, placement of staff and dispensation of any of the employees in the department according to the laws and regulations.
9. Propose to assign the staff in the department an overtime work according to the laws and regulations.
10. Representation of the department in the scientific and technical conferences and seminars.
11. The distribution of tasks and responsibilities among the employees to help develop the performance of the work as specified.
12. Recommending the delegation of staff members inside the country for a period not exceeding one week.
13. To recommend various allocations for all the employees in the department.
14. Evaluation of the performance of the staff and submitting it to the relevant authorities.
15. The proposal of a temporary appointment of employees to fill the shortage in the staff to ensure the work flow.
16. Recommending the fixation of the staff members after their completion of the approbation period.
17. Recommending the assignment of a staff member to another one in case of routine and sick leaves or when delegated.
18. Any other powers authorized by immediate superiors.