The responsibilities and powers of the director of the department
The Director of the department exercises the following powers and responsibilities to ensure the flow of work in the department:
1. The distribution of tasks among the staff of the department
2. Granting routine leaves permissions that do not exceed 10 days and the approval of the sick leave.
3. Recommending the applications for more than 10 days routine and sick leaves and study leave
4. Supervising the performance of the work in the follow-up of the activities of the employees
5. Recommending disciplinary proceedings against the negligent employees.
6. Recommending commendation and appreciation of distinguished and creative employees.
7. Recommending granting department employees promotion and upgrading bonus
8. Recommending appointment, placement of staff, and dispensation of department affiliates according to the rules in power
9. Proposing that the employees in the department be assigned overtime work according to the laws and regulations of the organization.
10. Representing the department in relevant conferences and symposia
11. The distribution of tasks and responsibilities among the staff members of the department to help develop and improve the performance of the work as specified.
12. Recommending the delegation of staff members inside the country for a period not exceeding one week.
13. Recommending the granting of various allocations to all staff members of the department
14. Evaluation of the performance of the staff of the department and submitting it to the relevant authorities.
15. The proposal of a temporary appointment of employees in the department to gap staff shortage to ensure work flow.
16. Recommending the fixation of the staff members of the department after completion of approbation period
17. Recommending the assignment of a staff member to be an acting head of department when in routine and sick leave or when delegated.
18. Any other responsibilities and powers authorized or granted by immediate superiors