Department Of Student Activities
A brief profile
The departemnt was founded in the beginning of the work as a unit of organising artistic and sports activities in 1988 and the actual services for students. It provide the actual service to students in terms of non-descriptive activities. After increasing the tasks, the unit was transformed into the physical and technical education department. In 2015, the directorate of physical and artistic education was renamed the department of student activities.
The provision of education, training, administration and organization of sporting and artistic activities in support of sport and artistic march both within and outside the university, in addition to cultural march through seminars, festivals and special conferences for the students specially given to upgrading the ideal student numbers to serve the nation in the development process through providing the appropriate atmosphere to practice his passion through the use of methods based on modern scientific foundations of higher, cultural and sports development to provide the society with scientific and technical capacities.
1. The refinement of youth talent students, both athletes and technicians and assist them in their development.
2. The students urged to participate in the championships, festivals, symposia and conferences to develop their leadership and managerial spirit.
3. Development of training capacities and arbitral proceedings held by the department of student activities in all games and events.
4. The spirit of self-reliance in the makers of the future of our students.
1. Carry out all physical, recreational, artistic and cultural activities through managed and organized.
2. The development of all sports, artistic and cultural aspects of university students
3. The proposal of new projects working to achieve social objectives, pedagogical and according to the characteristics of the university community in accordance with the law.
4. Keep up with the methods and techniques in sports training, methodology and techniques in the preparation of the university's teams.
5. Contribute to the withdrawal of youth teams and community capacities at all levels.
6. Allow for participating in events and festivals, university and international tournaments.
7. The exchange of experiences between the teaching staff through the establishment of many cultural courses, symposia and conferences.
8. The Partnership contract and agreements for cooperation and scientific and cultural exchange, sports and artistic between our university and other Iraqi universities.
9. Contribute to the establishment of playgrounds and championships in the colleges associated with the university faculties, departments and research centres.
10. To contribute to the development of the scout and urge the leadership role and leadership among the students of universities.
11. The establishment of rehabilitation and prevention units in the physiotherapy and fitness centre inside the university.
The administrative structure of the department
Structural department was formed according to the campus is the number i Moskovskoe Shosse 86A in 9/11/2016. The student activity is linked to the administrative and financial department of the office of Assistant president of administrative affairs occupies the position of the Director: Prof. Dr. Aref Abdul Jabar Hussein., and deputizes for the assistant director who occupies the position of Associate Administrator; assistant lecturer Karim Jassim Mohammed. The department divided into several units which are directly linked to the director of the department are as follows:
Administrative Affairs Unit
A. Assistant lecturer Abdullah Hamid Jamil- Division Official
B. Administration - Majid Hameed
C. Mohammad Allah -Administrative
Artistic activities Unit
A. Assistant lecturer Abdul Qader Nabih Maolowd- Division official
B. Mohammad Ismail Yusuf-Administrative
C. Yasser Hamad Jassem- Technichian
D. Haidar Samir Habib Designing and printing
The responsibilities of the department
One of the most important responsibilities of the department is the managing the affairs of associate members in terms of administrative transactions and organize their duties in sports and technical further more organising the festivals, scout, artistic internally and externally. Also, to send monthly reports to the Ministry of all documented events and seminars and conferences for student activities.
Administration of the department
Te alternation of the administration of the department since its founding and to some extent mentioned their names below
Ø Building for Student Activity Department
Ø Closed sports hall for various games
Ø Building contains various activities
Ø Football stadium and athletics
Ø Five small pitches to various distributed games distributed between colleges
Ø Outdoor pool
Ø Tennis Pool
Ø Basketball Pool
Ø Handball Pool
Ø Outdoor playground beach volleyball court
Ø Outdoor Beach Soccer
The Director exercise of the following powers for the conduct of the work in the Presidency of the University:
1. The distribution of tasks among the employees in the department to conduct the work.
2. Approval of granting the usual holidays that do not exceed 10 days and the ratification of the Sick leave.
3. To recommend approval of the usual holidays, sick leave, increased more than 10 days, in addition to the vacation holidays.
4. Supervision of the performance of the work in the follow-up of the activities of the employees.
5. The recommendation to impose a penalty on the negligence employers.
6. The Proposal to Send thanks and appreciation to the distinguished employers and creators.
7. The recommendation to grant allowances to the advancement and promotion of the degree to other employers in the department.
8. Recommendation recruitment, placement and dispensing with the services of any of the employees in the department in accordance with the laws and regulations.
9. The proposal to assign staff in the department to additional work outside official working hours within the laws and regulations of the organization.
10. Representation of the staff of department in the scientific and technical conferences and seminars within the scope of the disciplines of the department.
11. The distribution of tasks and responsibilities between the employees and help to develop the performance of the work and then improved within the specified.
12. Recommendation the dispatch section of employees within the country and for a period not exceeding one week.
13. To recommend various allocations for all employees in the department.
14. Evaluation of the performance of the staff and submitting it to the relevant authorities.
15.The proposal of a temporary appointment of employees to fill shortage in staffing to ensure the speed of work.
16. To recommend approval of the installation of the staff of the department of their employment at the completion of the legal term required.
17. The recommendation to assign the employees of the department to one of its employees in cases of usual enjoying the holidays, sick and dispatch.
18. Any other powers conferred upon it by its responsible manager.