Mazin Abed Mohammed (Lecturer)
PhD in Computer Science / Artificial Intelligence/ Data S
Information Systems - Computer Sciences and IT
Dr. Mazin Abed Mohammed
PhD of Computer Science- Artificial Intelligence
Associate Professor in Information Systems Department
College of Computer Science and Information Technology
University of Anbar
Dr. Mazin Abed Mohammed B.Sc. Degree in Computer Science from College of Computer, University of Anbar, Iraq in 2008. Master of IT from Universiti Tenaga Nasional Malaysia 2011 and Ph.D. from Universiti Teknikal Malaysia Melaka, Malaysia in 2018 . He is currently working as a Teacher in Information Systems department in College of Computer Science and Information Technology, University of Anbar, Ramadi, Iraq. His areas of research interest include Artificial Intelegence, Medical image processing, machine learning, Computer Vision, computational intelligence, IoT, Biomedical Computing, bio-informatics, and fog Computing.
Refereed Journal Publications (Selected papers):
1. K. H. Abdulkareem, Mazin Abed Mohammed et al., "Realizing an Effective COVID-19 Diagnosis System Based on Machine Learning and IOT in Smart Hospital Environment," in IEEE Internet of Things Journal, doi: 10.1109/JIOT.2021.3050775.
2. Kim-Soon, N., Abdulmaged, A.I., Mostafa, S.A., Mazin Abed Mohammed et al. A framework for analyzing the relationships between cancer patient satisfaction, nurse care, patient attitude, and nurse attitude in healthcare systems. J Ambient Intell Human Comput (2021). https://doi.org/10.1007/s12652-020-02888-x
3. M. Elhoseny, Mazin Abed Mohammed, S. A. Mostafa, K. H. Abdulkareem, M. S. Maashi et al., "A new multi-agent feature wrapper machine learning approach for heart disease diagnosis," Computers, Materials & Continua, vol. 67, no.1, pp. 51–71, 2021.
4. Lahoura, V., Singh, H., Aggarwal, A., Sharma, B., Mazin Abed Mohammed, Damaševi?ius, R., Kadry, S. and Cengiz, K., 2021. Cloud Computing-Based Framework for Breast Cancer Diagnosis Using Extreme Learning Machine. Diagnostics, 11(2), p.241.
5. A. S. Al-Waisy, Mazin Abed Mohammed, S. Al-Fahdawi, M. S. Maashi, B. Garcia-Zapirain et al., "Covid-deepnet: hybrid multimodal deep learning system for improving covid-19 pneumonia detection in chest x-ray images," Computers, Materials & Continua, vol. 67, no.2, pp. 2409–2429, 2021.
6. Abdullah Lakhan, Qurat-Ul-Ain Mastoi, Mohamed Elhoseny, Muhammad Suleman Memon & Mazin Abed Mohammed (2021) Deep neural network-based application partitioning and scheduling for hospitals and medical enterprises using IoT assisted mobile fog cloud, Enterprise Information Systems, DOI: 10.1080/17517575.2021.1883122
7. Makhadmeh, S.N., Al-Betar, M.A., Alyasseri, Z.A.A., Abasi, A.K., Khader, A.T., Damaševi?ius, R., Mazin Abed Mohammed and Abdulkareem, K.H., 2021. Smart Home Battery for the Multi-Objective Power Scheduling Problem in a Smart Home Using Grey Wolf Optimizer. Electronics, 10(4), p.447.
8. Podder, A.K., Al Bukhari, A., Islam, S., Mia, S., Mazin Abed Mohammed., Kumar, N.M., Cengiz, K. and Abdulkareem, K.H., 2021. IoT based smart agrotech system for verification of Urban farming parameters. Microprocessors and Microsystems, 82, p.104025.
9. Awan, M.J., Rahim, M.S.M., Salim, N., Mazin Abed Mohammed, Garcia-Zapirain, B. and Abdulkareem, K.H., 2021. Efficient Detection of Knee Anterior Cruciate Ligament from Magnetic Resonance Imaging Using Deep Learning Approach. Diagnostics, 11(1).
10. Mazin Abed Mohammed, K. H. Abdulkareem, B. Garcia-Zapirain, S. A. Mostafa, M. S. Maashi et al., "A comprehensive investigation of machine learning feature extraction and classification methods for automated diagnosis of covid-19 based on x-ray images," Computers, Materials & Continua, vol. 66, no.3, pp. 3289–3310, 2021.
11. Al-Waisy, A.S., Al-Fahdawi, S., Mazin Abed Mohammed et al. COVID-CheXNet: hybrid deep learning framework for identifying COVID-19 virus in chest X-rays images. Soft Comput (2020). https://doi.org/10.1007/s00500-020-05424-3
12. Obaid, O.I., Mazin Abed Mohammed and Mostafa, S.A., 2020. Long Short-Term Memory Approach for Coronavirus Disease Predicti. Journal of Information Technology Management, 12, pp.11-21.
13. Mazin Abed Mohammed, Abdulkareem, K.H., Mostafa, S.A., Ghani, M.K.A., Maashi, M.S., Garcia-Zapirain, B., Oleagordia, I., Alhakami, H. and Al-Dhief, F.T., 2020. Voice pathology detection and classification using convolutional neural network model. Applied Sciences, 10(11), p.3723.
14. Mazin Abed Mohammed, Abdulkareem, K.H., Al-Waisy, A.S., Mostafa, S.A., Al-Fahdawi, S., Dinar, A.M., Alhakami, W., Abdullah, B.A.Z., Al-Mhiqani, M.N., Alhakami, H. and Arbaiy, N., 2020. Benchmarking methodology for selection of optimal COVID-19 diagnostic model based on entropy and TOPSIS methods. IEEE Access, 8, pp.99115-99131.
15. Mutlag, A.A., Khanapi Abd Ghani, Mazin Abed Mohammed, Maashi, M.S., Mohd, O., Mostafa, S.A., Abdulkareem, K.H., Marques, G. and de la Torre Díez, I., 2020. MAFC: Multi-agent fog computing model for healthcare critical tasks management. Sensors, 20(7), p.1853.
16. Abdulkareem, K.H., Mazin Abed Mohammed., Gunasekaran, S.S., Al-Mhiqani, M.N., Mutlag, A.A., Mostafa, S.A., Ali, N.S. and Ibrahim, D.A., 2019. A Review of Fog Computing and Machine Learning: Concepts, Applications, Challenges, and Open Issues. IEEE Access, 7, pp.153123-153140.
17. Mazin Abed Mohammed., Mostafa, S.A., Obaid, O.I., Zeebaree, S.R., Ghani, M.K.A., Mustapha, A., Fudzee, M.F.M., Jubair, M.A., Hassan, M.H., Ismail, A. and Ibrahim, D.A., 2019. An anti-spam detection model for emails of multi-natural language. Journal of Southwest Jiaotong University, 54(3).
18. BA Khalaf, SA Mostafa, A Mustapha, Mazin Abed Mohammed, WM Abduallah. 2019. Comprehensive Review of Artificial Intelligence and Statistical Approaches in Distributed Denial of Service Attack and Defense Methods. IEEE Access, 7 (1), 51691-51713.
19. Mostafa, S.A., Mustapha, A., Mazin Abed Mohammed, Hamed, R.I., Arunkumar, N., Ghani, M.K.A., Jaber, M.M. and Khaleefah, S.H., 2019. Examining multiple feature evaluation and classification methods for improving the diagnosis of Parkinson’s disease. Cognitive Systems Research, 54, pp.90-99.
20. Mutlag, A.A., Ghani, M.K.A., Arunkumar, N., Mazin Abed Mohammed. and Mohd, O., 2019. Enabling technologies for fog computing in healthcare IoT systems. Future Generation Computer Systems, 90, pp.62-78.
21 Ghani, M.K.A., Mazin Abed Mohammed, Arunkumar, N., Mostafa, S.A., Ibrahim, D.A., Abdullah, M.K., Jaber, M.M., Abdulhay, E., Ramirez-Gonzalez, G. and Burhanuddin, M.A., 2020. Decision-level fusion scheme for nasopharyngeal carcinoma identification using machine learning techniques. Neural Computing and Applications, pp.1-14.
22. Arunkumar, N., Mazin Abed Mohammed, Mostafa, S.A., Ibrahim, D.A., Rodrigues, J.J. and de Albuquerque, V.H.C., 2020. Fully automatic model?based segmentation and classification approach for MRI brain tumor using artificial neural networks. Concurrency and Computation: Practice and Experience, p.e4962.
23. Mazin Abed Mohammed., Ghani, M.K.A., Arunkumar, N., Mostafa, S.A., Abdullah, M.K. and Burhanuddin, M.A., 2018. Trainable model for segmenting and identifying Nasopharyngeal carcinoma. Computers & Electrical Engineering, 71, pp.372-387.
24. Mazin Abed Mohammed., Ghani, M.K.A., Arunkumar, N., Hamed, R.I., Abdullah, M.K. and Burhanuddin, M.A., 2018. A real time computer aided object detection of nasopharyngeal carcinoma using genetic algorithm and artificial neural network based on Haar feature fear. Future Generation Computer Systems, 89, pp.539-547.
25. Arunkumar, N., Mazin Abed Mohammed., Ghani, M.K.A., Ibrahim, D.A., Abdulhay, E., Ramirez-Gonzalez, G. and de Albuquerque, V.H.C., 2018. K-Means clustering and neural network for object detecting and identifying abnormality of brain tumor. Soft Computing, pp.1-14.
26. Mazin Abed Mohammed., Al-Khateeb, B., Rashid, A.N., Ibrahim, D.A., Ghani, M.K.A. and Mostafa, S.A., 2018. Neural network and multi-fractal dimension features for breast cancer classification from ultrasound images. Computers & Electrical Engineering, 70, pp.871-882.
27. Mazin Abed Mohammed., Ghani, M.K.A., Arunkumar, N., Hamed, R.I., Mostafa, S.A., Abdullah, M.K. and Burhanuddin, M.A., 2018. Decision support system for nasopharyngeal carcinoma discrimination from endoscopic images using artificial neural network. The Journal of Supercomputing, pp.1-19.
28. Abdulhay, E., Mazin Abed Mohammed., Ibrahim, D.A., Arunkumar, N. and Venkatraman, V., 2018. Computer aided solution for automatic segmenting and measurements of blood leucocytes using static microscope images. Journal of medical systems, 42(4), p.58.
29. Mostafa, S.A., Mustapha, A., Mazin Abed Mohammed., Ahmad, M.S. and Mahmoud, M.A., 2018. A fuzzy logic control in adjustable autonomy of a multi-agent system for an automated elderly movement monitoring application. International journal of medical informatics, 112, pp.173-184.
Refereed Conferences Publications:
Dr Mazin Abed Mohammed teaches a variety of university courses in Computer Science, such as , Operating Systems, Database design, Mobile systems Programing, Software Project Management, Mobile applications Development , Software Requirments and design, Computer Networks, and Web Programming.
|1||Mobile Applications Development||MOBILE SYSTEM||Fourth|
|2||Mobile Applications Development||MOBILE CLOUD||Fourth|
|3||Mobile Applications Development||Quick Start on Android||Fourth|
|4||Mobile Applications Development||ANDROID VIRTUAL DEVICE Installing||Fourth|
|5||Mobile Applications Development||Introduction of Key Concepts of Android||Fourth|
|6||Mobile Applications Development||Multiple Values of Android||Fourth|
|7||Mobile Applications Development||2D Graphics and Multimedia in Android||Fourth|
|8||Mobile Applications Development||ADVANCED UI DESIGN||Fourth|
|9||Mobile Applications Development||AUDIO IMPLEMENTATIONS IN ANDROID||Fourth|
|10||Mobile Applications Development||Mobile Embedded System Architecture||Fourth|
|11||Mobile Applications Development||SCHEDULING ALGORITHMS||Fourth|
|12||Mobile Applications Development||MEMORY TECHNOLOGY||Fourth|
|13||Mobile Applications Development||MESSAGING AND COMMUNICATION MECHANISMS||Fourth|
|14||Mobile Applications Development||References||Fourth|
1. Incorporating Artificial Transfer Learning Method for Medical Images. Master Student
2. Local Pattern Transformation Based Feature Extraction Techniques For Pathological Voice Classification Using Long Short-Term Memory . Master Student