Dr. Khaldoon Fadhel Brethee
Date of Birth: 10-02-1977
Address: Hit, Anbar, Iraq
Mobile: +964 (0) 7816664421
- Scopus: 5
- Clarivate / Web of Science: 3
- Google Scholar: 7
- Research gate: 5
- I am an enthusiastic learner with a broad interest in all areas of engineering (mathematical modelling, vehicle, vibration and dynamic analysis), looking to contribute my knowledge in the railway engineering.
- PhD in Mechanical Engineering, University of Huddersfield
- MSc, BSC in Mechanical Engineering, University of Anbar.
2013 - 2018
University of Huddersfield. UK
PhD in mechanical engineering.
Thesis title: Condition Monitoring of Helical Gear Transmissions Based on Vibration Modelling and Signal Processing
2000 - 2003
Al-Anbar University Iraq
Master Degree(M.Sc) in mechanical engineering (Applied Mechanics)
Modules included: Mechanical Behavior of Materials, Impact Strength of Materials, Finite Elements Method, Theory of Elasticity, Theory of Vibration, English Language. Plasticity, Stress Analysis and Measurements, Advanced Mathematics, Engineering Control, Tribology.
M.Sc Dissertation: An Investigation into Forging Process of Torsion Bar Ends
Al-Anbar University Iraq
Bachelor Degree (BSc) in mechanical engineering.
Member in the international conference of The Efficiency and Performance Engineering Network (TEPEN) : https://tepen.net/member/
- Brethee, K., Zhen D. Gu, F. and Ball, A. (2017) ‘Helical Gear Wear Monitoring: Modelling and Experimental Validation’ Mechanism and Machine Theory, 117, pp. 210-229. ISSN: 0094-114X.
- Brethee, K. Gu, F. and Ball, A. (2017) ‘Condition Monitoring of Lubricant Starvation Based on Gearbox Vibration Signatures’. International Journal of COMADEM, Special Issue (accepted).
- Brethee, K., Gu, F. and Ball, A. (2016) ‘Frictional effects on the dynamic responses of gear systems and the diagnostics of tooth breakages’ Systems Science & Control Engineering , 4 (1), pp. 270-284. ISSN 2164-258.
- Khaldon F. Breethe, Ghalib R. Ibrahim, Ahmed N. Uwayed. Free Vibration Analysis of cantilever cracked beam with substructure attachment. Anbar Journal for engineering sciences. Vol.1 .No.2. 2008. pp. 39-50
- Brethee, K. F., Ibrahim, G. R., & Mohammed, R. A. (2020) Using Envelope Analysis and Compressive Sensing Method for Intelligent Fault Diagnosis of Ball Bearing. Advances in Science, Technology and Engineering Systems Journal Vol. 5, No. 5, 370-375, ISSN: 2415-6698.
- Ibrahim, G. R., Albarbar, A., & Brethee, K. F. (2020). Progressive failure mechanism of laminated composites under fatigue loading. Journal of Composite Materials, 0021998320944990.
- Hamad, T. Z., Brethee, K. F., & Ibrahim, G. R. (2021). monitor the gearbox conditions at certain intervals by using the short-time Fourier transform method. Design Engineering, 11351-11362.
- Brethee, K. F. (2021). Free Vibration Analysis of Clamped Laminated Composite Plates with Centeral Crack. Anbar Journal of Engineering Sciences, 9(1).
- Ibrahim, G. R., Albarbar, A., & Brethee, K. F. (2022). Damage degradation modelling for transverse cracking in composite laminates under low-velocity impact. Engineering Fracture Mechanics, 108286.
- Brethee, K. F., Mohammed, R. A., & Ibrahim, G. R. (2022). Numerical analysis of lubricant viscosity variations on operating condition of helical gear system. International Journal of Computer Aided Engineering and Technology, 17(1), 57-73.
- Brethee, K. Gu, F. and Ball, A. (2017) ‘Monitoring of Water Contamination in Gearbox Lubricant Based on Vibration Analysis’. In: COMADEM 2017, the 30th International Congress on Condition Monitoring and Diagnostic Engineering Management, 10th-13th July 2017, University of Central Lancashire, UK.
- Brethee, K., Zhang, R., Hamad, N., Gu, F. and Ball, A. (2016) ‘Influence of Lubricant Starvation on Gearbox Vibration Signatures for Condition Monitoring’. In: COMADEM 2016, the 29th International Congress on Condition Monitoring and Diagnostic Engineering Management, 20th-22nd August 2016, Empark Grand Hotel in Xi’an, China.
- Brethee, K., Zhou, X., Gu, F. and Ball, A. (2016) ‘Frictional Effects on the Diagnostics of Helical Gear Tooth Defects’. In: IncoME 2016, 30th - 31st August 2016, Manchester Conference Centre, Manchester.
- Brethee, K., Gao, J., Ball, A. and Gu, F. (2015) ‘Analysis of Frictional Effects on the Dynamic Response of Gear Systems and the Implications for Diagnostics’. In: Proceedings of the 21st International Conference on Automation and Computing (ICAC’15) IEEE, University of Strathclyde, Glasgow, UK, 11-12 September 2015, ISBN 978-0-9926801-0-7.
- Haba, U., Brethee, K., Hassin, O., Gu, F. and Ball, A. (2017) ‘Detection and Diagnosis of Reciprocating Compressor Faults Based on Modulation Signal Bispectrum Analysis of Vibrations. In: COMADEM 2017, the 30th Conference on Condition Monitoring and Diagnostic Engineering Management, 10th-13th July 2017, University of Central Lancashire, UK. ISBN: 9781909755109
- Elforjani B., Xu, Y., Brethee, K., Wu Z., Gu, F. and Ball, A. (2017) ‘Monitoring Gearbox Using a Wireless Temperature Node Powered by Thermal Energy Harvesting Module’. In: Proceedings of the 23rd International Conference on Automation and Computing (ICAC’17), University of Huddersfield, Huddersfield, UK, 7-8 September 2017, (accepted).
- Hamad, N., Brethee, K., Gu, F. and Ball, A. (2016) ‘An Investigation of Electrical Motor Parameters in a Sensorless Variable Speed Drive for Machine Fault Diagnosis’. In: Proceedings 22nd International Conference on Automation and Computing (ICAC’16) IEEE, University of Essex, Colchester, UK, 7-8 September 2016, ISBN 9781862181328.
- Abusaad, S., Brethee, K., Assaeh, M., Zhang, R., Gu, F., & Ball, A. D. (2015, July). ‘The detection of lubricating oil viscosity changes in gearbox transmission systems driven by sensorless variable speed drives using electrical supply parameters’. In Journal of Physics: Conference Series (Vol. 628, No. 1, p. 012078). IOP Publishing, 2015.
- Abusaad, S., Benghozzi, A., Brethee, K., Gu, F. and Ball, A. (2014) ‘Investigating the Effect of Water Contamination on Gearbox Lubrication based upon Motor Control Data from a Sensorless Drive’. In: 3rd International Workshop and Congress on eMaintenance, 17th - 18th June 2014, Lulea, Sweden.
- Brethee, K. F., Ibrahim, G. R., Mohammed, R. A., & Albarbar, A. H. (2020, December). Diagnosis of Induced Gear Wear in Two-Stage Helical Gearbox Based on Vibration Analysis. In 2020 13th International Conference on Developments in eSystems Engineering (DeSE) (pp. 233-238). IEEE.
- Supervision on MSC Projects
- 2020/2021 “Dynamics and vibration analysis of gearbox system based on signal processing technique”.
- 2021/2022 “Free vibration analysis of sandwich panels with honeycomb core”
- 2022/2023 “Vibration Analysis of Simply Supported Beam Subjected to a Moving Load”
Supervision on Final Year Projects
- Effect of the length of a semi-trailer on fuel consumption
- Aerodynamic effects on ground vehicles
- LIMIT LOAD ANALYSIS OF BEAMS USING SOLIDWORKS
- Dynamic Analysis and Control of a Quarter-Car Suspension
- Finite element design of load cell
- Centrifugal pump design and analysis using SOLIDWORKS
- Vibration Response of a Structure Under Forced Excitation
- Teaching subjects
- (Vibrations, Mechanical Behavior of Materials, Finite Elements Method, Control, strength of materials, Mathematics, Programming and Mechanical Engineering Design)
- Vibration and mathematical modelling analysis using MATLAB.
- Specialised knowledge of a high order in the appropriate areas of the work:
MATLAB, ANSYS, Solidworks, Adams.
- Working on data analysis of gearbox vibration signals.
- Vibration and modal analysis
- Dynamic system failure detection and identification
- Carrying out finite element analysis.
- Knowledge of mathematical and computer modelling of dynamic systems.